A hard drive is one of those data storage devices, which often comes to us with caution – to be handled with care. While physical damage to a hard drive costs wealth, loss of important data saved on it affects the peace of mind.
Therefore, among all problems faced with ATA or SATA hard drives of computers or laptops, some are less known by the common people.
Download and install the Yepzon app on your mobile device. Step Two - Add Yepzon One. Info Tower 1-Infocity, Airport Road, Near Indroda Circle Gandhinagar-382009. Infocity IT Park is a Public Private Partnership between the Government of Gujarat and Creative Infocity Limited. It is a Mixed-use Development plan founded by Creative IT Inc., USA, a group company of Creative Choice (CCG). With its “city within a city” concept, Infocity provides a 24/7 work culture, build-up space, I.T. Plots, residential. Launched by Oxoniya Builders, Infocity Vintage, is a premium housing project located at Kakkanad in Kochi. Offering 1, 2, 3 BHK Apartment in Kochi Central are available from 562 sqft to 947 sqft. This project hosts amenities like Health Club, Drivers Rest Room, 24 X 7 Security, Sewage treatment plant, Rain Water Harvesting etc.
Moreover, you can identify and resolve minor technicalities through troubleshooting methods. Such few cases of ATA/SATA hard drive not detected in BIOS is explained in this blog.
Stellar Remote Recovery Services
In continuation of our commitment to data care services and to ensure that data loss situations don’t affect you or your business, we have launched a cutting-edge Remote Data Recovery Service.
This service allows you to recover data over the Internet without getting your device physically touched by the experts, thus offering safe and contactless recovery. Our contactless remote data recovery service is available across Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
How will you fix a hard drive, which is not detected in BIOS (Basic Input Output System)?
First of all, the diagnosis of the problem is essential to certain the cause of the problem. Some of them being:
- Faulty or unplugged data cable
- Disabled drive in the BIOS
- Improper installation of Serial ATA/SATA drivers
- Drive not receiving power
- Faulty/damaged hard drive
Download imagistics cameras. If your hard drive has any of the above problems except 5th, you can adopt the following measures to troubleshoot and resolve them.
- Check for faulty or unplugged data cable
When an electronic device or a part of it is not working, the first step should always be to check for proper power connection or fault in cables. Sometimes, it’s hard for us to detect a problem with data cables even if there is.
In such times, try the following:
- Reconnect hard drive with data cable port
- Replace old data cable with new
- Connect the hard drive with other desktops/laptop
- Check if the hard drive is disabled in the BIOS
- Restart PC and enter system setup (BIOS) by pressing F2
- Check and switch on hard drive detection in system configurations
- Enable the auto-detection for future purpose
- Reboot and check if the drive is detectable in BIOS
Note: New or secondary ATA/SATA hard drive will not be detected in BIOS until auto-detection is enabled.
- Fix improper installation of Serial ATA/SATA drivers
There are three ways in which you can update drivers:
- Contact manufacturer for updating driver
- Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website
- Follow the below-mentioned manual process to update drivers
- Go to ‘Control Panel’
- Select ‘Device Manager’
- Choose and click on the hard drive to expand categories
- Right-click on the name of the hard drive and choose “Update Driver”
If the above method fails, re-install drivers with the help of the following measures:
- Open ‘Device Manager’
- Right-click on the hard drive and ‘Uninstall.’
- After that, restart PC and Windows will automatically reinstall the drivers
- Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen
- Select ‘Software Update’
- Update and reboot
- Drive not receiving power
One of many reasons for ATA/SATA hard drives not detecting in BIOS could be the improper power supply and thereby hard drive not making a spin. A glitch in power or spin can easily be detected by following specific steps:
- Switch off the computer
- Remove data cable from the hard drive
Switch on the computer and see whether the hard drive is spinning or not. You can also touch at the side of the hard drive to check for a slight vibration and humming sound.
- Faulty/damaged hard drive
Well, similarly in most cases, you would be able to resolve minor ATA/SATA hard drive detection problems with the help of the methods mentioned above.
Nevertheless, if you still find it difficult to locate the main error, there are chances of physical fault/damage in the hard drive. In such cases, one must immediately take assistance from professionals.
Driver Download Nvidia
Additional Reading –How to Fix Boot Device Not Found 3F0 Error?
Infocity Driver Download Free
Hard drive, being one of the sensitive components deserves extreme caution and care while handling. If a hard drive contains essential data, then one must immediately take help from data recovery experts. We, at Stellar, understand the importance of your data and hence recommend that hard drive must be operated in Class 100 Clean Lab.
Whether you have a fault in the hard drive or damaged it accidentally, data recovery should be your priority if BIOS is not able to detect the hard drive. Any further damage could make you lose your data forever.
That’s why professionals from Stellar have developed solutions to recover data from damaged hard drives, even from hard drives which are not detected in BIOS.
With more than 100 R & D experts and in-house developed software and techniques, we have been able to recover up to 100% data for 3 million+ customers. Are you wondering how long it will take us to recover your data? Stellar complete data recovery in these simple steps: