How To: Identifying and locating the correct drive for your laptop
- Document ID: 4009160
- Posted Date: 2016-06-21
- Distribution: View Public Website
How To: Identifying and locating the correct driver for your laptop
You may need to download a driver for your device from support.toshiba.com for one of the following reasons:
Probably touch driver (KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device) is the beta version. I can't find working driver. Thank for advice (sorry for my bad English ) Ok, I got this Mega thanks to radzius77 from tabletowo.pl/forum. This driver was resolved my problem: KMDF HID Minidriver for Touch I2C Device188.8.131.529x86non.zip. 4 Find your LeadingTouch USB Touchscreen device in the list and press double click on the hidclass device. Click Reinstall driver button. 5 Choose Install from the specific location and click on the Browse button. Click on the Next and Finish button after that to complete the installation process. UPDD driver suite for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, Solaris and Win CE. Our drivers can be used to add touch support where none exist or for enhanced functionality not offered by the native driver support or to support touch hardware not supported in certain operating system releases. Bluetooth Drivers: Find wireless card brand as described above in the Wireless Drivers section; Use the network or other filter and OS filter on the Drivers & Updates page. Download “Bluetooth Stack” and the Bluetooth driver corresponding to that brand. Camera Drivers: For most cases, use “Toshiba Web Camera Application.'
Drivers Leading Touchpad
- You installed new hardware.
- You want to update a driver for existing hardware.
- You are having trouble with existing hardware and need to reinstall the driver.
Locating the Correct Driver on support.toshiba.com
NOTE: For the following example we will be locating the driver for the webcam for a TOSHIBA Satellite C855-S5107 with Windows 7 Operating System.
Navigating to Drivers and Updates to find drivers
Leading Touch Drivers
- Open //support.toshiba.com/drivers.
- In the search box enter the model or serial number of the machine that you need a driver for.
- From the drop down list select your operating system
- Next select the hardware you are looking for drivers for. In this example we are looking for an updated BIOS, so we will select 'BIOS'
- From the available drivers, select the driver with the highest version number. In this example we will select V5.90
Opening Device Manager to find device hardware names
To find the correct driver for the hardware installed in you computer sometimes it will be neccessary to discover what the hardware manufacturer name is. The illustration below shows an example of how we can use device manager to discover that the audio card manufacturer is Conexant.
To learn how to open device manager locate your OS below for the steps to open device manager
Windows 7 / Vista:
Make sure your printer is on and connected to your PC. Open Start Settings Devices Printers & scanners. Select the name of the printer, and then choose Remove device. To reinstall the printer, select Add a printer or scanner and then select the name of the printer you want to add. If Windows doesn’t automatically find a new driver after. Title: System: Vol: Download: Jolimark Windows driver: Win8/Win10: V1.1: Jolimark Information Technology Ltd.2004-2021 copyright reserved 粤ICP备05080281号粤ICP备05080281号. ID: SYSTEM: VOL: SIZE: DOWNLOAD: 1: windows 98/XP/vista/7/8/10: 2: windows 98/XP/vista/7/8/10: V1.5: 11.8M: Jolimark Information Technology Ltd.2004-2021 copyright reserved 粤ICP备05080281号. ID: SYSTEM: VOL: SIZE: DOWNLOAD: 1: windows 98/XP/vista/7/8/10: 2: windows 98/XP/vista/7/8/10: V1.2: 11M: Jolimark Information Technology Ltd.2004-2021 copyright reserved 粤ICP备05080281号. Jolimark printers driver download for windows 10.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type 'Device Manager' in the Start Menu's search field.
- Select 'Device Manager' from the search results.
- Device Manager window will open and look similar to below.
Windows 8 and above:
- Hold the Windows key.
- While continuing to hold the Windows key, press the 'x' key to open a menu in the lower-left.
- Select 'Device Manager.'
- Device Manager window will open and look similar to below.
If you are having a problem with a specific piece of hardware:
- Pick the filter corresponding to that device on the Drivers & Updates page. (For example, if the problem is with graphics, select 'Display.')
- Check the detailed specifications on your product's support page to see if you have Intel, nVidia, or AMD graphics.
- Select the Display filter and your OS filter on the Drivers & Updates page.
- Pick the top-most graphics driver that mentions your display brand (Intel, nVidia, AMD).
- Note that “Wireless display driver” is not the standard display driver.
Ethernet / LAN Drivers:
- Open Device Manager
- Expand “Network adapters”
- Look for a network adapter that does not mention “VPN,” “Debug,” or “Wireless.” It may include the word “Ethernet.” Note the brand. Most likely it’s Intel, Broadcom, Atheros, or Realtek. (If you are unable to determine which entry of multiple is applicable but they’re both the same brand, you don’t actually need to determine which entry is applicable.)
- Use “LAN” filter and OS filter on the Drivers & Updates page.
- Download the top-most driver that mentions the brand you found earlier.
- Follow the directions for Ethernet / LAN above but dismiss adapters that mention “VPN,” “Debug” and “Ethernet.” It may say “Wireless.” Use the 'Wi-Fi filter instead of 'LAN.'
- Find wireless card brand as described above in the Wireless Drivers section
- Use the network or other filter and OS filter on the Drivers & Updates page.
- Download “Bluetooth Stack” and the Bluetooth driver corresponding to that brand.
- For most cases, use “Toshiba Web Camera Application.'
If “Unknown device” is listed under “Other devices” Drivers:
- If everything’s working correctly, you most likely shouldn’t worry about it. Installing random drivers could cause problems.